With four months to go until the UK leaves the EU, we consider the more pressing issues that Brexit brings for in-house lawyers.
We held a free seminar on 27 November at the Law Society to give an update on the current Brexit negotiations and provide practical guidance on how in-house lawyers can best prepare for the UK’s exit.
The seminar covered:
1. An update on where we are: the government’s policies and approach
- update from the Law Society policy team on its Brexit activities
- what the current Brexit negotiations and proposed UK future framework mean broadly for in-house lawyers
2. The impact on the in-house sector and preparations your legal team can start making
- how will legal professional privilege be affected by Brexit?
- what will it mean for the UK as a jurisdiction and the enforcement of judgments?
- how will it affect commercial contracts and financing documents?
- what will it mean for privacy and data protection?