This webinar will explain the principal alternative business structures to practising as a solicitor, other than working through a firm regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA).
Broadcasting on Thursday 13 February between 12.30pm and 1.30pm, this webinar will cover:
- the ‘unregulated firm’ and ‘freelance’ models
- insurance requirements
- handling client money
- regulation of your services by the SRA and Legal Ombudsman
- anti-money laundering obligations.
The webinar will be relevant to:
- solicitors working outside of an SRA-regulated firm, or thinking of doing so
- compliance officers setting policies and procedures for dealing with solicitors practising outside SRA-regulated firms
- managers and owners with separate businesses, or those considering hiving off services which are not reserved legal activities.
The webinar is discounted by 20% to Risk and Compliance Service users and Law Management Section members.
Robert Forman, Murdochs Professional Discipline Solicitors
Robert is a senior consultant solicitor, with particular expertise in the field of solicitors’ professional discipline and regulation. He has experience training compliance officers for both legal practice and for finance and administration, providing advanced level seminars on solicitors regulation, professional discipline and professional indemnity insurance.
Susanna Heley is a partner in RadcliffesLeBrasseur specialising in solicitors’ regulation. A regular advocate before the SRA and SDT, Susanna is co-author of the Solicitors Handbook 2019 with Greg Treverton Jones QC, Nigel West and Robert Forman, and of The Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal with Nigel West.