The Law Society has developed an exciting careers event to offer advice and support to mature students and/or career changers aspiring to become solicitors.
The Law Society is fully committed to attracting the most able candidates into the legal profession and to promoting equality at all stages. As part of its drive to promote diversity at entrance level, the Law Society has developed an exciting careers event to offer advice and support to mature students and/or career changers aspiring to become solicitors.
A panel of top employers will offer essential advice to help you identify key skills that can be transferred to the legal profession and thereby increase your chances of securing a period of recognised training.
You will also have the opportunity to put your questions to trainees and qualified lawyers who have already made the switch successfully during a fast-paced networking session.
- Learn how to enhance your chances of successfully qualifying as a solicitor.
- Discover how to excel in the application/selection process.
- Hear tips to help you stand out from the competition.
Who should attend?
The event is free and open to all students who meet the following criteria:
- Delegates who are currently in employment and are giving serious thought to re-training as a solicitor
- Mature undergraduates or legal practice course or graduate diploma in law students.
Please note that this event is unsuitable for lawyers with an overseas qualification who are considering taking the Qualified Lawyer Transfer Scheme.