To coincide with our annual one-day International Marketplace Conference 2015 on 1 July 2015, foreign lawyers from China, India, Latin America, Central Asia and Africa will be visiting the Law Society. The incoming delegations will be made up of small, medium-sized and some large foreign firms who have some international experience and are keen to build their network and expand their reach in the UK.
This is an excellent opportunity for UK law firms with an interest in these regions to meet their counterparts, potential future business partners and future clients. The delegations want to learn about the UK legal sector and the current business opportunities for foreign lawyers, as well to form partnerships with UK firms.
- The Chinese delegation will be made up of 15 lawyers from Shanghai, Shenzhen and Beijing, and they will participate in a 4-day programme (see attached) from Tuesday 30 June to Friday 3 July 2015. Click here for more information about the programme and the participating Chinese law firms.
- The Indian delegation will be with us from Tuesday 30 June to Thursday 2 July 2015. On 2 July we are holding a ’UK-India legal practice conference 2015: Business opportunities on the horizon’. This will explore how Indian and English and Welsh law firms can work together internationally, followed by a networking dinner.
- The Central Asia Legal Services Trade Mission to London will take place on 30 June. The delegation is made up of 10-15 legal representatives from the CIS region. Delegates will have the opportunity to learn about the financial services and energy markets from an English and Welsh legal perspective and attend one to one meetings with law firms. A networking lunch will be hosted by a City firm. Find out more.
- Our Latin America delegation made up of lawyers from Colombia, Mexico, Peru and Central America to name but a few will be here for a two day programme beginning Tuesday 30th June. The programme will focus on opportunities in the energy sector across Latin America and how to develop an effective international strategy across LatAm to develop your international business. Find out more.
- The pan-Africa delegation will be made up of lawyers from Nigeria, Ghana, Uganda, Tanzania and Kenya. Information-sharing, relationship-building and creating business opportunities between African and UK law firms will all be discussed throughout the two day visit beginning Tuesday 30th June. There will also be an opportunity to participate in a networking lunch here at the Law Society. Find out more.