The Junior Lawyers Division’s annual conference will be held virtually on 20 June 2020.
The 13th Junior Lawyers Division annual conference will be held on Saturday 20 June 2020 from 10:00 - 14:00.
Please note that this is a change from the original advertised date. For the first time, we are running this event virtually. This is an exciting opportunity to explore new ways of delivering events to our members and the conference will remain fully interactive.
Offering a mix of plenary sessions, practical breakout sessions and virtual networking opportunities, the JLD annual conference provides invaluable guidance on taking control of your career. The virtual conference is aimed at all members of the Junior Lawyers Division. The full programme will be available shortly.
Membership of the JLD is free and automatic for solicitor apprentices, LPC students, LPC graduates (including those working as paralegals), trainee solicitors, and solicitors with up to five years’ post qualification experience. For further information about membership of the JLD visit the JLD website.
This event is free to attend but booking a place is essential.
By attending this virtual conference you will:
- Discover ways to develop and diversify your career
- Gain insights into how the profession is changing and adapting for the future
- Identify techniques and strategies and learn new skills which benefit you and your employer/future employer
- Feel in control of your wellbeing
- Have the opportunity to network virtually with other junior lawyers and share experiences
The following topics will be covered:
- Sustainability and a green economy – what do our clients want from their law firms?
- Combatting bullying and harassment in the legal profession, with recommendations and guidance formed from the International Bar Association’s global survey
- How to keep grace under pressure – protecting your wellbeing
- Overcoming adversity - celebrating the development of equality and diversity in the profession
- Speaking with confidence