LAWASIA’s flagship conference will be held from 2-5 November 2018 in Siem Reap, Cambodia.
Our Vice President, Simon Davis will present at the Bar Leaders’ Forum on issues affecting developing countries and how the larger legal community and law associations can co-ordinate co-operation with law associations in developing countries.
Visit the conference website to register and for more information on travel, accommodation and the conference programme.
The conference will examine a range of topics including:
- the Belt and Road Initiative
- Third party funding in arbitration and its effect on the resolution of environmental disputes in Southeast Asia
- Foreign direct investment for developing Asia
- Mechanisms for resolving disputes related to climate change
- Issues related to developing countries in the Pacific
- Tax incentives as a catalyst for economic development in Indochina
- Disability rights in the ESCAP region
- Young lawyers and issues relevant to them
- Cross-border insolvency
- Anti-trust in Asia
- Funding the digital economy
- Impact of climate change on human rights
- Real estate systems and procedures
- Franchising disputes: how to avoid them, how to resolve them
- EU-ASEAN trade agreements
- Developments in international family law disputes in the Asia Pacific region
- Data protection in developing countries
- Current issues in employment practices in the Asia-Pacific region
- Intellectual property rights in Indo-China
- Environmental crime in the Indo-China
- Business and human rights in the Indo-China
LAWASIA is a regional association of lawyers, judges, jurists and legal organisations, which advocates for the interests and concerns of the Asia Pacific legal profession. For over fifty years, LAWASIA has operated as a platform to promote the cross-jurisdictional exchange of legal knowledge; as a voice of the legal profession; and as a conduit for encouraging adherence to mutually-held principles of the rule of law, professional integrity and the protection of human rights.
The Law Society of England and Wales sits on LAWASIA’s council.
This is a partner event.