The Junior Lawyers Division is holding a free one-day career development and skills event in Southampton on 2 March in partnership with the South Hampshire JLD and the Bournemouth JLD.
This event is aimed at trainees, newly qualified solicitors (NQs) and solicitors up to five years’ PQE. The aim is to equip those who are at the start of their careers with skills and advice necessary to progress, diversify and develop within the legal profession.
Please join us for presentations, discussion and activities that will be of value and assistance to both those who are approaching qualification and those who have begun to acquire PQE, with speakers who are highly regarded and experienced in their field. Refreshments and lunch will be provided.
The individual sessions are set out below but please note that may be subject to change.
- The Solicitors Network: connecting with your local legal groups
- Working with third parties: building relationships with other young professionals
- Resilience and wellbeing: looking after your mental health
- Working in-house: thoughts from those who’ve worked in and out
- Algorithms in the justice system: AI enters the courts
- Future of the profession: what’s next for junior lawyers?
Who should attend?
This event is for trainees, newly qualified solicitors and solicitors up to five years qualified.
Format of the day
The forum is a full day event running from about 10.30am (registration from 10am) to 4.45pm followed by a networking drinks reception until 6pm.
The day will involve a series of 45-50 minute presentations on various aspects of legal practice and management.
Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
Individual 30-minute CV clinics will also be running throughout the day for delegates seeking a newly qualified solicitor position .
Registered delegates will be notified by email around a fortnight ahead of the event with further information and clinic appointment reservation instructions.
Be prepared to send an up-to-date CV with your appointment request in order to secure a place. Appointments are limited and will be allocated on a first-come first-served basis.
How to book
Date and location details
- Date: Saturday 2 March 2019
- Time: The forum is a full day event starting at about 10.30am (registration at 10am) and finishing at 4.45pm. It will be followed by a networking drinks reception until 6pm.
- Venue: The Spark, Southampton University, East Park Terrace, Southampton SO14 0YN
- Cost of event: This event is free to attend.
In partnership with the South Hampshire JLD and the Bournemouth JLD