The Junior Lawyers Division is holding a free one-day skills event in partnership with the Merseyside JLD to assist LPC students and graduates with their search for a training position.
Please join us for presentations, discussion and activities that will be of value and assistance to LPC students and graduates with speakers who are highly regarded and experienced in their field. Refreshments and lunch will be provided.
The individual sessions are set out below but please note that may be subject to change.
- Making an application for a training contract
- Building your (online) brand and best use of social media
- The future of lawtech and legal practice
- Be yourself: everyone else is taken - networking dos and don’ts
- How to keep going when it goes wrong - looking after your resilience and wellbeing
- The Solicitors Qualification Exam and alternative routes to qualification
- The final hurdle - practical tips for assessment days and interviews
- Updates on JLD policy
This event is for all current LPC students and those who have completed the LPC and are looking for training positions.
Format of the day
The forum is a full day event running from about 10.30am (registration from 10am) to 4:30pm followed by a networking drinks reception until 5:30pm.
The day will involve a series of 45-50 minute presentations on various topics designed to assist those junior lawyers looking to secure a training contract.
Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
Individual 30-minute CV clinics will also be running throughout the day for delegates attending the forum.
- information about the CV clinics, including how to book an appointment with a CV adviser, will be sent to delegates by email about a week before the event
- places are limited and allocated on a first-come first-served basis
- only delegates attending the forum are eligible for a CV clinic
If you are interested in attending a CV clinic with an adviser, please be prepared to have an up to date CV available.
To book your place
Date and location details
- Date: Saturday 9 February 2019
- Time: Registration is from 10am. The forum will finish at 4:30pm and will be followed by a networking drinks reception until 5:30pm.
- Venue: Liverpool John Moores University, Redmonds Building, Brownlow Hill, Liverpool, L3 5UG
- Cost of event: This event is free to attend.
In partnership with the Merseyside JLD