We are holding a free one-day skills event to assist LPC students and LPC graduates with their search for a training position.
Please join us for presentations, activities and discussion with speakers who are highly regarded and experienced in their field. Refreshments and lunch will be provided.
What will I learn?
The programme outline is now available, and includes the following sessions:
- How to prepare for your interview – do’s and don’ts
- Building online presence – how LinkedIn and Twitter can boost your profile
- Law Tech – how can you adapt to the changing landscape
- So, you have been invited for an assessment day – tips for success
- Staying resilient
- How we secured our training contracts
- An HR guide to recruitment – covering letter, CV, application forms
- Update from the JLD on national policy
Date and location details
- Date: Saturday 6 October
- Time: Registration is from 10:00-10:30. The forum will finish at about 16:30 followed by a networking drinks reception until about 17:30.
- Venue: Law Society, 113 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1PL.
- Cost of event: This event is free to attend.
Format of the day
The forum is a full day event running from 10:00-10:30 to 16:30, followed by a networking drinks reception until 17:30.
The day will involve a series of 30-45 minute presentations on various topics designed to assist those junior lawyers looking to secure a training contract.
Individual 30-minute CV clinics will be running throughout the day for delegates attending the forum.
- Information about the CV clinics, including how to book an appointment with a CV adviser, will be sent to delegates by email about a week before the event.
- Places are limited and allocated on a first-come first-served basis.
- Only delegates attending the forum are eligible for a CV clinic.
If you are interested in attending a CV clinic with an adviser, please be prepared to have an up-to-date CV available.
Who should attend?
This event is for all current LPC students and those who have completed the LPC and are looking for training positions.
- PDF, Size 62.02 kb