We are holding a free one-day skills event , aimed at trainees, newly qualified solicitors (NQs) and solicitors up to five years’ post-qualified experience (PQE).
Equip yourself with the skills and advice necessary for to progress, diversify and develop your career within the legal profession.
Please join us for presentations, activities and discussion, with speakers who are highly regarded and experienced in their field. Refreshments and lunch will be provided.
What will I learn?
The programme is now available and includes the following sessions:
- Legal tech: knowing your AI from your raspberry pi and what it will mean for you as a junior lawyer
- How to take control of your personal development and your career
- From surviving to thriving – how to make the transition from trainee to newly qualified solicitor
- Turning a passion into a career and how I achieved it.
Date and location
- Date: Saturday 8 September
- Time: 10:30-16:00, followed by a networking drinks reception until 17:00
- Venue: The Law Society, 113 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1PL
- Cost: The forum is free to attend.
Format of the day
The forum is a full-day event running from 10:30 to 16:00 and involving a series of 45-60-minute presentations on various aspects of legal practice and career development. It will be followed by a networking drinks reception until 17:00.
Individual 30-minute CV clinics will be running throughout the day for delegates seeking a newly qualified solicitor position . Registered delegates will be notified by email around a fortnight ahead of the event with further information and clinic appointment reservation instructions – be prepared to send an up-to-date CV with your appointment request in order to secure a place. Appointments are limited and will be allocated on a first-come first-served basis.
Who should attend the forum?
The event is for trainees, NQ solicitors and solicitors up to five years’ PQE.
- PDF, Size 0.13 mb