ABSs continue to grow as businesses are looking to stand out in the market. The joining up of public services is not always backed by legislation which allows sharing of legal services, and local authorities are becoming commissioning organisations of outsourcing work to owned or private companies (and other third party organisations). The ‘Access to Justice’ agenda has the potential to make some provision of services hard to reach groups.
The webinar will consider:
- The general political background, the joining up of public services and the need to trade and generate income
- The reform of the Employed Solicitor Code and Access to Justice
- The background to local authority interest in using an alternative business structure (ABS)
- Applying for an ABS from an in-house perspective
- Practical tips on how to approach an ABS application.