The SRA has warned that conveyancing fraud ‘can see people lose their life savings’. It has warned that firms should make sure their clients are aware of the risks.
This webinar identifies where the risks lie, and provides practical strategies to combat this growing area of risk, protecting both clients and the firm from costly and time consuming disputes as well as reputational damage.
This webinar outlines:
- checking employment histories
- right to work and practising certificates
- maintaining client ledgers
- checking breaches of the solicitors accounts rules
- money laundering regulations and suspicious activity reports
- mortgage fraud
- identity fraud - the latest
- how to prevent Friday afternoon fraud
- email security
- practical steps to take on completion day
- Land registry and Law Society advice
- practical steps to take to prevent fraud
- notifying breaches