This webinar will help you to gain a complete understanding of the differing VAT treatments on property deals, through examining the impact of VAT as a major issue to consider.
Presented by Michael Ashdown, a director in the indirect tax of BDO LLP who regularly deals with large property deals, you will benefit from an insight into the complexities of applying VAT on property transactions, including:
- VAT & construction
- Sale of newly constructed buildings
- Transfer of a business as a growing concern
- VAT and buildings for charitable purposes
- Barter transactions
- Offshore owning entities
Why you should attend
- VAT on property deals can have a number of differing VAT treatments depending on what is being constructed or sold.
- VAT may not always be due at the standard rate on supplies made and sometimes the recipient may need to certify its planned use of a property.
- The high value of many property transactions coupled with the fact that SDLT is charged on the VAT inclusive price makes VAT a major issue to consider on property deals.
Who should participate?
Solicitors who may not deal with property transaction on a regular basis but wish to improve their knowledge in this area.
Speaker: Michael Ashdown, director in the indirect tax, BDO LLP
Michael is a director in the indirect tax of BDO LLP and regularly deals with large property deals assisting clients and their advisers. He also works with a number of law firms to assist them with their VAT issues. Michael is a chartered tax adviser and is the chairman of the London branch of the Chartered Institute of Taxation.