This seminar chaired by the CMA, which will discuss the major developments in merger control in 2017, and look ahead to the challenges that 2018 may bring.
In this seminar, the leaders in mergers at the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) will review the UK merger control landscape in 2017 and look ahead to the key developments and challenges in 2018.
It will consider:
- recent and upcoming developments in the CMA’s policy and practice
- the key trends in UK merger control and cases in 2017
- the key challenges for UK merger control in the near future, including Brexit.
- Delegates will obtain an understanding of recent UK mergers and upcoming market change
- Delegates will understand the practical implications of recent case judgments and receive practical guidance on how to best advise and support their internal and external clients on future trends.
SRA Continuing competency code
Colin Raftery, senior director of mergers, Competition and Markets Authority
Colin is senior director of mergers at the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA), where he leads the CMA’s team on a variety of merger cases and policy initiatives.
Prior to joining the CMA, he advised on all aspects of EU and UK competition law at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer in London and, before that, at Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton in Brussels and Washington DC.
Stephen holds an undergraduate degree in law from the University of Edinburgh and postgraduate degrees in law from the College of Europe, Bruges, and the University of Chicago.