This year’s inclusive conference was held on Wednesday 1 May (2pm to 6.30pm) at the Law Society, London. A transcription of the event is available for Civil Litigation Section Members - the transcript was prepared by the event sponsors, Auscript.
Topics covered at our popular Civil Litigation Section spring conference, include: The disclosure pilot, what the civil litigator needs to know about Brexit and briefings on costs in arbitrations and tribunals and the mediation of costs disputes.
- Colin Campbell, consultant to Kain Knight and costs judge at the Royal Courts of Justice from 1996 to 2015
- District Judge Ian Besford, appointed district judge in 1999 and regional costs judge for the North East in 2005
- Diana Wallis, senior fellow in law, Hull University, MEP for Yorkshire and Humber for 13 years, past vice president of the European Parliament for five years, and past president of the European Law Institute between 2013-2017.
- Carl Brewin, barrister, Hardwicke Chambers.
- John Wright, director, ArbDB Chambers.
- Natalie Osafo, associate and solicitor advocate (civil proceedings) at Slaughter and May and president of the Junior London Solicitors Litigation Association.
As always, we are committed to bringing you a programme of sessions delivered by thought leaders in their field - speakers provided practical advice and were on hand to answer questions during the day.
The event concluded with a drinks reception, offering the opportunity to network with conference speakers, fellow delegates and the Civil Litigation Section committee.
Event sponsors, Auscript, transcribed the event - see what our experts speakers had to say by viewing the transcription .