Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) the Ministry of Justice and HM Courts and Tribunals Service (HMCTS) announced that the work of the courts and tribunals will be consolidated into fewer building for public safety reasons.
Some courts are expected to reopen from Monday 15 June.
On 16 June, the status of the courts and tribunals buildings was:
- 218 open courts – these buildings are open to the public for essential face-to-face hearings
- 75 staffed courts – staff and judges will work from these buildings, but they are not open to the public. All other parties that may be involved in the video or telephone hearings being supported at staffed courts will be able to do attend these remotely
- 48 suspended courts – these courts will be temporarily closed.
Look at our interactive heat map to find out which courts are open in your area.
Courts and Tribunals tracker list – this is regularly updated showing which courts are open, staffed and suspended during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Court and Tribunal finder – find contact details and information about courts and tribunals in your area.
Courts and Tribunals planning and preparation – provides advice and guidance for all court and tribunal users during the COVID-19 pandemic.
HMCTS daily operational summary on Courts and Tribunals – provides a daily summary of the HMCTS operational position during the COVID-19 pandemic.
If you require technical support for a telephone or video hearing you can call 0330 8089405. Our Welsh members should call 0300 3035177.
The Courts and Tribunals Service Centres will be available from 8am to 5pm Monday to Thursday and 8am to 4pm on Fridays until further notice.
- For probate service queries call 0300 303 0648.
- For divorce service queries call 0300 303 0642.