The Law Society is hosting a roundtable discussion on the business opportunities and challenges of doing business in Central Asia on Wednesday 5 October, 09:30 to 11:30.
Our panel of experts will share their experience of working in the region and the rational for a presence within the Central Asian legal market. They will discuss the following topics:
- Overview of the economy, political and legal system;
- Legal and regulatory framework: recent trends and practical aspects;
- Current business opportunities - what are the growing business areas?
- The new Astana international Financial Centre
- Impact of Brexit
- Is London still an attractive disputes resolution venue?
- Ainur Karbozova, Counsellor of Investments Technologies and Trade, the Embassy of Kazakhstan to the United Kingdom and Northern Ireland
- Eugenia Rebotunova, Senior Counsel, Sayenko Kharenko, London
- Liza Zhumakhmetova, Partner, Signum Law Firm, Kazakhstan
- Lydia Ivanova, Prime Advice, Russia
- Otabek Suleimanov, Partner, Centil Law Firm, Kazakhstan, Iran, and Uzbekistan
- Segei Grachev, Managing Partner, MGAP Attorney at Law, Russia
Chair: Sergey Ostrovsky, Partner, Ashurst LLP, London
Registration is now open!
Please register by sending your name, job title, organisation and dietary/access requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org .