Inclusive to Property Section members, this webinar concentrates on changes over the past year. Practical and relevant for any members doing day-to-day residential conveyancing work.
This webinar will provide participants with an opportunity to keep up to date with all the key changes relating to residential property. The session will cover the most recent developments in law and practice, including:
• Oral agreements to sell land
• The lease / licence distinction
• Professional negligence and fraud update
• Immigration Act 2016
• Returning the deposit where the buyer fails to complete
• Possession during the registration gap
• Airbnb lettings
• The new Welsh land transaction tax
• Building schemes
• Pre-contract enquiries and misrepresentation
• Land Registry developments including the latest on local land charges
• Latest Law Society guidance
• Recent case law relevant to residential conveyancing .
Speaker: Russell Hewitson, associate professor at Northumbria Law School, Northumbria University
Russell has over 30 years’ experience of conveyancing and property law. He is a member of the Law Society’s Conveyancing and Land Law Committee and currently chairs the Searches Working Group. He writes for publication and lectures extensively on conveyancing and property related matters. He is author of Conveyancing Searches and Enquiries (Jordans) and the Licensing Law Handbook (The Law Society).