Minor disagreements over boundaries can quickly escalate to full-scale disputes and become very expensive to resolve. This webinar will provide a practical approach focussing on early and cost effective resolution of disputes as well as guidance on understanding what is shown on plans and their significance.
The session will cover:
- how to determine the boundary?
- adverse possession before and after the Land Registration Act 2002
- land Registry practice •do I need to know about the Party Wall Act 1996?
- how to resolve the dispute-without litigation?
- do I need an expert?
- remedies including injunctions, declarations and how to calculate damages
- tactics and costs
Participants will benefit by:
- knowing what to ask the client for and how to manage their expectations
- knowing where to look to give the right answer
- being able to give clear advice at an early stage
- understanding what the plan shows and its legal significance
- having a good overview of recent case law, particularly at Court of Appeal level
- having a realistic idea of the costs involved of each stage and how to keep these to a minimum
Who should participate:
Property lawyers, property litigators, legal executives dealing with property matters
Speaker: William Hanbury, Barrister, Exchange Chambers