Angus Walker, partner at Bircham Dyson Bell, offers practical guidance on how to protect your clients’ interests from the construction or expansion of large infrastructure projects such as airports, motorways, power stations or railways.
The session covers:
- An overview of the consenting process under the Planning Act 2008
- Which projects it applies to
- How to make an effective case on behalf of your client
- How to reach a binding agreement with the developer.
Participants will benefit by:
- Gaining a basic understanding of the Planning Act 2008 regime
- Learning how to make the most effective representations about the projects covered by it.
Who should participate:
Any solicitor who acts, might act in the future, or would like to act, for landowners, tenants or occupiers – whether businesses or residential – who are threatened by the construction or expansion of a large infrastructure project.
There is a 20 per cent discount to Property Section members.