The Qualified Lawyers Transfer Scheme (QLTS) is the fast track route for qualified foreign lawyers to re-qualify as solicitors of England and Wales.
The webinar provides a practical guide to the Qualified Lawyers Transfer Scheme, including the tests involved and a personal perspective from a QLTS qualified solicitor.
Participate in this webinar and you will benefit from:
- understanding the advantages of dual qualification
- examining the strength of English law
- a detailed understanding of the assessments involved, information about the eligibility, the tests, application process and costs from the Solicitors Regulation Authority
- a personal insight on the QLTS from a QLTS qualified solicitor
Why become QLTS qualified?
- As businesses become more international, they expect the same of their lawyers
- Due to the international reach of English law, re-qualifying as a solicitor of England and Wales opens up a world of career opportunities
- Most foreign lawyers are eligible for direct access to the QLTS assessments
- QLTS has no experience or training contract requirement and does not make any distinction between lawyers who have their first qualification from a common law or a civil law jurisdiction
Participation is essential to:
Overseas lawyers, and foreign lawyers interested in dual qualification
- Pat Mulvihill, Solicitors Regulation Authority
- Franceli Rossatto, Howard Kennedy LLP
- James Shepherd, Law Society of England and Wales
Register at :http://cpdcentre.lawsociety.org.uk/course/7651/a-practical-guide-to-the-qualified-lawyers-transfer-scheme-(qlts)