Glen R. Mozingo, Esq., has been recognized as a distinguished International and domestic lawyer by the American Expert Network. Mr. Mozingo has more than thirty-seven years of experience practicing law in both the United States and the United Kingdom. Mr. Mozingo has received the distinction of being named as one of California’s “Top Lawyers” by the American Lawyers Media Association and has been rated as AV® Preeminent™ and America's Most Honored Professional by Martindale Hubbell a distinction reserved for the top 1% of Lawyers in the United States, reflecting the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and Judiciary.
Mr. Mozingo, earned the AV® Preeminent™ Rating from Martindale-Hubbell® for high ethical and professional standing in the areas of Estate Planning, Business and Corporate Law, Civil Litigation, as well as Municipal and Governmental Regulations.
After completing his Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science and Government Relations, he earned a Bachelor of Science in Law in 1977 at Western State University and then a Juris Doctor Degree from Thomas Jefferson School of Law in 1979. Mr. Mozingo, continued his studies in International Law at Balliol College, Oxford University, England where he was awarded a postgraduate diploma permitting him to practice law in England & Wales as well as forty-nine other Common Law Countries.
Mr. Mozingo, has provided professional and experienced representation to clients dealing in both domestic and international legal matters, whether it is in the courtroom, boardroom or legislature.
Mr. Mozingo is the recipient of both the Medal of Distinction and Gold Medal by the Republican Party for his work in aiding Congressional Conference Committees of the United States House of Representatives and Senate, where he assisted in negotiating legislative proposals that resulted in the passage of significant legislation. Glen has been retained on several occasions as a lecturer on issues related to Estate Planning, Business Transactional and Litigation Matters, as well as, Corporate Governance.
Mr. Mozingo was elected in 2017 to serve as City Attorney for the City of Carmel-by-the-Sea. Mr. Mozingo served as special counsel to Daryl Gates, while Chief of Police of the Los Angeles Police Department, and in 2018 he was unanimously elected to serve on the legal counsel board to The Los Angeles Police Department Protective League. During Mr. Mozingo’s years of practice he has also served as legal counsel to the County of Sacramento Fire District where he oversaw the merger of the seven (7) Fire Districts, represented the Automobile Club of Southern California as supervisor of the Governmental Relations Division; and also assisted in periodic revisions to the California Fair Political Practices Commission in 1981 and 1990 respectively.
● Balliol College, Oxford University, England, Diploma-International Law 2001
● Thomas Jefferson School of Law, Juris Doctor, 1979
● Western State University, Bachelor of Science in Law, 1977
● California State University, Long Beach, Bachelor of Arts,
Political Science/Governmental Relations, 1974
● Supreme Court of the United States;
●United States Tax Court;
● California State Supreme Court;
●United States District Court, Central, Southern Eastern & Northern District of California;
● The United States Court of International Trade; Judge,
● The London Court of International Arbitration.
● United States Supreme Court Bar Association;
● American Bar Association; Orange County Bar Association;
● California State Bar Association;
● California Trial Advocates;
● American Trial Advocates;
● The Law Society of England and Wales;
● The United States Court of International Trade.
● The London Court of International Arbitration;
Awards & Honors:
● "A.V."® Preeminent Rating – Martindale-Hubbell®;
● American Jurisprudence Award in Trial Practice;
● Medal of Distinction by the Republican Party;
● Gold Medal by the Republican Party;
● Top Lawyers in California – American Lawyers Council (2013);
● Judicial Edition- Martindale-Hubbell- "A.V."® Preeminent™ Rating.
Reflecting the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and Judiciary.
● California State Bar
● California College Teaching Credential
● Law Society of England and Wales (Solicitor Advocate)
● Tax Reform: Opportunity Knocks- Published Arabian Horse World
● New Beginnings under Tax Reform - Published Newsweek
● California Use Tax-Sales, Use and Personal Property Taxes -Published Investment Journal
● Judge Pro-Tem Los Angeles Superior Court
● Judge Pro-Tem Orange County Superior Court
● Arbitrator - London Court of International Arbitration