In one of the four webinars inclusive in 2015 Advocacy Section membership, Andrew Hildebrand will show you how to make negotiation a vital part of your armoury of skills.
Whether you are dealing with clients or suppliers or your own partners, colleagues, managers or employees, it’s all about finding the right approach and managing the person as well as the problem.
How do you find the right strategy and implement it successfully? How do you defuse a problem and prevent it from escalating? How do you know how to read the signs – and the warning lights – and get the other person to work with you? Learning how to negotiate effectively will ensure that whether closing a deal, settling a dispute or dealing with difficult clients, you get what’s best for you and your business.
Coverage will be given to:
• Preparation, Preparation, Preparation: Working out your endgame and your negotiation strategy
• Negotiating tactics: What to say and how to say it
• Psychological tactics: Learning to read people. Hearing what’s unsaid, but also building rapport
• Getting the timing right
• Pitfalls to avoid (including last-minute niggles)
• When to walk away
• Closing the deal
• Managing disputes effectively and coping with any additional challenges.
Andrew Hildebrand is a leading commercial mediator who knows how to get parties to settle. He has spent his career working in industry, successfully managing negotiations and closing deals, both as a top-ranked in-house counsel at Channel 4 and FilmFour, and a partner in private practice (Mishcon de Reya and Gunner Cooke). Andrew mediates independently and through ‘In Place of Strife’ and ‘QL Mediation’. He is also an IFTA Arbitrator.
This webinar was recorded on 13 October, but you can listen again to a recording via the link below. Please have your Section membership number to hand.